Holistic Pasture Boarding in the high elevation of Sonoita, Arizona
Arizona’s Mountain Empire and Wine Region
Located in the high desert grasslands 45 minutes south of Tucson, we offer specialized boarding for those looking for the finest care for their equine friends. We are at over 5000 ft elevation so we stay temperate most of the year.
Small groups of 2 – 3 horses share 2+ acre paddocks with coated wire RAMM fencing. Each paddock has a wood-lined run-in steel shed, large water tanks filled with well water from the artesian aquifer. There is also regular turn out to 15+ acre pastures for playing, romping and seasonal grazing.
We have a round pen, arena and trail challenge obstacles on site. Nearby to two National Forest areas and the 50,000 acre Empire Ranch for trails to accommodate any level of rider – from the flatlands to the mountains with trails to up to over 9000 ft.
Around the corner from the Sonoita Fairgrounds, the Copper Brothel Brewery and numerous world-class Wineries. Overnight dry-camp parking for living quarters available.
- Bermuda grass hay in slow feeder bags available 24/7.
- Additional calories (if needed) are provided with Dynamite whole, tested chemical-free grain Pelleted Grain Ration, Cool Stance copra, or whole grains. No sweet feeds, beet pulp or agri-waste – ever.
- Seasonal pasture grazing. The grass here is mostly bermuda and brome grasses which are very low sugar and never cause colic, even in the short rainy season when we have lush pasture.
- Complete Dynamite™ Vitamin/Mineral program with all free-choice minerals.
- Detox and immune support programs available.
- We use an all natural fly and pest management – no poisons used or allowed. Once our equine guests have completed a gentle 90 day detox, they rarely need more than fly-masks.
- We provide fly-masks and natural suncreen for white-skinned horses that tend to burn.
- Worming is handled with herbal products or a combination of diatomaceous earth, zeolites and bentonite clay.
All boarders must be barefoot only. Glue on or clip on hoof-boots are allowed. We have an experienced barefoot trimmer available on-call.
We accept a limited number of boarders depending upon availability. All feeding decisions are made by our management after consultation with the owner or owner’s veterinarian. If you are interested in boarding with us, please download our contract for review prior to contacting us.
Please read through the Ranch Rules before bringing your horse(s) either for boarding or riding the Mountain Trail Course.